Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Milestone - 30 Years in Public Contracting!

On October 23, 1979, I started working for the City of Seattle, Board of Public Works, in a position that was eventually titled Assistant Executive Director. It was the start of what marks 30 years for me in public contracting in the Seattle area.

A lot has changed in the last 30 years, especially my looks! From a 25 year-old recent MBA graduate with thick black frame glasses and a healthy crop of black hair, I am now 55 years-old with an increasingly white beard and a head of hair that has thinned and grown lighter in color
! How the times change!

I worked for the City of Seattle for 21 years, managing construction and consulting contracting and was the City's Contracting Manager when I left at the end of 2000. I then spent five years as Contracting and Procurement Manager at the Seattle Housing Authority. For the last four years, I have been the Contracts Manager at the University of Washington's Capital Projects Office.

In the spring of 2005, I started Michael E. Purdy Associates, a consultant business offering strategies, solutions, and training to government agencies and businesses in the area of public contracting.

I have had the pleasure of working with a couple dozen satisfied clients, and look forward to continuing to serve both the public and private sectors in unraveling the complex world of public contracting.

Please contact me if you'd like to talk about how I might assist you.

No comments: