Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bidder Responsibility Language

I've developed some language I intend to use in bidding documents for the University of Washington in order to comply with the new law on bidder responsibility (SHB 2010). This language is on my website, and I welcome your comments and suggestions for improving the language, as well as your questions about how to implement the legislation.

You will find language on the Resources page of my website (www.mpurdy.com) for:
  1. Mandatory bidder responsibility criteria (for Instructions to Bidders).
  2. Supplemental bidder responsibility criteria (for Instructions to Bidders). I've only provided the framework and specific criteria would need to be developed for each project if you choose to add supplemental criteria. Remember that using supplemental criteria is optional.
  3. Subcontractor responsibility requirements (this is mandatory for all public works contracts and subcontracts, regardless of tier).
The Capital Projects Advisory Review Board (CPARB) will be developing suggested guidelines for how to develop supplemental bidder responsibility criteria, and these will be published on CPARB's website once they are adopted. CPARB's Industry-Wide Subcommittee has established a task force to develop the guidelines. The task force, which I am chairing, will meet for the first time on June 29, 2007.

No comments: