Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Comments on Proposed Revisions to Prevailing Wage WACs

The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries has proposed revisions to the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) addressing prevailing wage regulations.  See my previous blog posting for a summary of the changes and the dates for public hearings.

On June 22, 2010, I sent L&I a letter with my comments and suggestions on the WACs.  Contact me if you would like me to e-mail you a copy of my letter.

In summary, my comments include the following:
  • Effective Date of Prevailing Wages for GC/CM Projects:  Add language addressing the effective date of prevailing wages for GC/CM projects.
  • Prevailing Wage Rates for Supervisors:  Increase from 10% to 20% of hours worked in a day as the threshold for when supervisors must be paid prevailing wages.
  • Combined Intent/Affidavit:  Clarify what is meant by "agreement" with respect to a combined Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages and Affidavit of Wages Paid form.
  • Splitting Projects:  Delete language about splitting projects to fall under the small works roster threshold.  The WACs address prevailing wages, not bidding requirements, and the subject of splitting is already addressed in state law.
  • Bonds:  Add in references to state law relating to payment bonds.

No comments: